Blue is the colour for Spring and Summer this year. We visited the Spring fashion fair aswell as the Stockholm Furniture Fair during the last few weeks and we saw a lot of blue in all kinds of shades, everything from sky blue to the dark indigo colour. One of the most popular patterns for textiles seemed to be Shibori, or tie dye prints. This was seen not only on clothing, but also on cushions and poufs. The Mandala pattern was also a popular pattern featured on pillows. Even Ikea has featured a lot of blue in their latest inspiration board for Spring. So if you like the colour blue, this will be a favourite season coming up. Of course I will also feature some blue items for my coming Spring and Summer collection so come back and visit my webshop again soon.
Whether you have short or long hair, you can still easily accomplish a boho look with your hair. The one thing all boho hairstyles have in common is that the hair is wavy and a little messy. Another detail seen on a boho girl is often the braid. It can either be a full loose braid or smaller braids placed here and there. If your hair is thin and you don´t know how to get that boho look, one way could be to add extensions, which makes a big difference to the thickness of your hair. You can either go to a hair saloon to have them put in for you, or you can buy them in selective stores. There are many types of extensions on the market. You can buy finished braids, or just strands of hair. There are even braids that look like dreads for those of you who want a more extreme bohemian look. Another pretty detail often used in a boho hairstyle is different kinds of hair jewelry. This can be a great detail to use in your hair when you want to create an evening boho look. If you want to aim for a hippie hairstyle, use some fake braids or ribbons around the top of your head as seen in the picture at the bottom right corner. Good luck with your boho hair!
(Pictures taken from Pinterest)
Creating a balanced home with just enough furniture and decor aswell as colours and patterns can sometimes be challenging when decorating a bohemian home. Very often these homes become too cluttered with too many colours and heavy furniture. By using Feng Shui and the 5 elements you can create a balance and still add your favourite things so that your home becomes bohemian without feeling cluttered.
The 5 Feng Shui elements you should keep in mind when decorating are;
Fire – stands for all light like artificial light, fireplaces and candles. Other things representing fire are things from animals like fur and wool. Art featuring animals, fire, sunshine or art that contains strong warm colours such as yellow, orange and red. Triangles are the shapes that represent this element.
Earth – represents earthy colours such as brown and terracotta. Brick, ceramics, and tiles are examples of this earthy element. Shapes like squares and rectangles. Also an empty space in a room is an example of an earth element.
Metal – is the element that consists of metals, stone, rough crystals, circle shapes, art objects made of metal. Colours to look for are metalics, light pastels and white.
Water – this element represents black and dark colours. Glass and crystals, mirrors, surfaces that reflect light, art that contains water and decorations containing water, like water fountains etc.
Wood – stands for green colours, wooden objects, plants, paintings containing nature, flowers and gardens, and wall decor containing fabrics.
By adding a few objects from each element you will create a nice harmony to your room. Have a look at your room as it is now. Does it contain more of one element? If so, try to remove some objects and replace them with something from an element you might not have or an element you have very little of. Experiment with different combinations until you have a nice balance between them all. Good luck!
If you are not quite sure what a bohemian is or what the bohemian lifestyle is all about, this person can be described as a free-spirited individual who likes to live in the moment and who loves to travel and to explore the world. A bohemian is often very creative and artistic and likes to express herself in some artform like music, art, fashion or writing.
If you want to dress like a bohemian there are a few key elements you should keep in mind when putting together your wardrobe.
- Fabrics – Dressing like a bohemian is as much about comfort as self expression. The choice of fabric is the most important element of bohemian clothing. Focus on natural fabrics such as cotton, silk, wool and leather. Fur details is also an important factor for the ultimate boho look. Keep in mind to use fake fur rather than the real thing. There are many fake fur fabrics on the market that are just as beautiful and soft as real fur. Part of being a bohemian is to keep in mind where the materials come from and how they are made. Remember that the world is a better place with our animals in it!
- Colours – The base colours of a bohemian are often natural colours such as white, black, brown and beige with details in bolder colours such as turquoise. The accessories can often be colourful and bold, but the base colour is often more subdued.
- Ethnic influence – The materials and prints are often ethnic. A bohemian likes to collect pieces from her travels all across the world. The accessories are often colourful and full of details with inspiration from different countries and cultures.
- Decoration – Bohemians enjoy decoration. Embroidered clothing, lace, fringe or beading is often seen on a boho girl. Don´t be afraid of layering your outfit with jewelry and accessories, but make sure that each piece is related to the other. Sometimes less is more, even for a bohemian!
- Styles – Look for peasant tops, embroidered tunics/dresses, kimonos, maxi dresses, maxi skirts, worn jeans, vests in fake fur, suede or leather, flared pants. Remember that the garments should be comforable and flowy. The drape and cut as well as the comfort is an important factor of a bohemian´s wardrobe.
- Accessories – This is a very important part when creating a boho outfit. Focus on an embellished bag, a pair of boho sandals or boots, a bohemian shawl (maybe with some fringe) and don´t forget to layer with boho jewelry!
- Hairstyle – Long flowy hair, soft braids and flowers in the hair are all typical hairstyles of a boho girl. A shorter hairstyle is also workable, but keep your hair slightly messy and wavey.
- Last but not least, have some fun when creating your outfits! Don´t be afraid to add something unexpected. Don´t make your outfits a uniform. Go with the flow and dress to fit your mood!
- Source and pictures: Pinterest and Bohobynature
Welcome to Bohobynature! We are so happy you found your way to our website! Bohobynature is a new fashion brand inspired by the Bohemian fashion and lifestyle. We create unique fashions and home accessories in small exclusive collections for people who loves the bohemian fashion and bohemian home. In our shop you will find fashion items such as boho tops and dresses, bags, belts, shawls and jewelry. For our home section you will find pillows, throws, candle holders and more decorative accessories to fit your bohemian home.
Jessica Mac Guinness is the designer and founder of Bohobynature. She lives in Sweden with her husband and 2 children. Her passion for the bohemian fashion and lifestyle began when she was living in Southern California many years ago. While studying fashion design at a design school, she started dreaming of the idea of creating her own bohemian brand one day. After many years of working in various companies and after having her 2 children, she thought it was time turn her dream into reality.
Bohobynature is currently sold through our own website aswell as through small unique shops around the world. Our collections will be updated with new special items every month so be sure to come back and visit us again soon. Some of our items will be one of a kind items, so if you don´t want to miss out on these items, make sure to sign up for our newsletter to get the latest info. of when the new products have arrived.
If you have any questions or need information about our company or products, please don´t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org